Monster Crew: Smash and grab the loot in this endless platformer! Finally we’ve found a uniquely stylised game which is fresh and original in multiple different ways. Keep reading to hear more… Gameplay: You play as Frankenstein and need to run through the spooky infested halls whilst destroying pretty much everything (and not killing yourself in the process!). You’ll keep running forever and one tap the screen will make you jump. Tap again and you’ll stomp down destroying anything below. Most likely you’ll find some coins in the process but otherwise you can pick up a lot of loot just lying around in the stage. But hey… it’s way more fun to just destroy everything! In essence this it very much like Jetpack Joyride – for those of you who haven’t heard of this game: Jetpack Joyride is probably one of the best endless runner games around and its addition of micro reward missions and upgrade packs have made it an incredibly addictive game. Monster Crew has adapted this winning formula and put it into their own platform game. The fundamental game differences are that Monster Crew is broken up into short levels which go from right to left as well as the classical left to right, and it is ultimately a platformer where the enemies are trying to attack you. There’s also an energy bar instead of the insta-kill style of Jetpack Joyride. Mini mission fun: Let’s be honest… prancing around endlessly through medieval hallways can get tedious quite quickly. So sets of mini target missions are placed into the game to help to break up the monotony. These small objectives vary from collecting coins to smashing targets and keep you entertained through the repetitive corridors. Story Fun: Upon completing a pack of mini missions you’ll get a new story set as well as more targets. These little comic sketches are pretty damn awesome – the fab graphics and great stylisation breathes more life into the game and makes it very entertaining.
>> See more:
Game extras: The upgrades for your character, Frank, are set at quite expensive levels. But aside from these powerups there are also bonus cards which you can use to boost your abilities within a level. You can strategically cast these at the beginning of every level in order to maximise on coin collection. Unfortunately, like a deck of cards, you’re randomly assigned a hand and you can’t just stick to the cards you find helpful. Rating: 4/5 Monster Crew is a great twist on an endless runner game. It has the game structure of Jetpack Joyride but with more variety and complexity. It’s got a slight money grabbing feel which tarnishes it’s name and could deter you from coming back to keep playing. Developer: BonusXP Monster Crew Tips from Android Games Review
- Many objects can be be destroyed – even the ones which don’t look like crates.
- Focus on surviving longer to get better rewards. This means that you should not be too greedy and focus on avoiding the enemies and obstacles.
- Very often running into one enemy can cause you to lose alot of energy because it’s very difficult to leap over them after the initial collision… so really focus on avoiding enemies.
- If Frank is moving from left to right, and you’re right handed then there’s a tendency to tap on the right of the screen. If this is the case, then tap slightly higher on the screen so you’re not obstructing your vision. Otherwise try tapping with your left hand instead.
- There seems to be no way to see your inventory/deck of cards, so the simplest suggestion is to not use them until you’re sure the benefits will have great impact. It may seem like you’re accumulating cards unnecessarily, but otherwise you’ll be drawn into an endless spending cycle.
- Focus on completing the missions to get more reward bonus cards.